The 2017 Methods Fair Photography Competition
methods@manchester will be holding a photography competition at the 2017 Methods Fair.
Postgraduate researchers may submit one photographic image that represents their research or an issue related to it. Submissions will be mainly judged on content rather than photographic quality or technique.
A panel of judges will award Blackwell’s vouchers to those in 1st (£150), 2nd (£100) and 3rd (£50) places.
Format and content requirements
Images must be:
- sent to email@example.com with Methods Fair 2017 Photography Competition as the title, complying with the terms and conditions below.
- sized under 2mb and in .jpg or .png format.
The entrant's name, University, and title for the image must be provided in the email. You must also specify whether the image should be displayed in landscape or portrait orientation.
Entrants must be available over the lunch break at the 2017 Methods Fair to stand by their image to discuss the contents and their research with any interested parties.
Terms and conditions
- Photographic competition entry spaces are limited and will be allocated on a first-come first-served basis. Please register your competition entry by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, the names of any collaborators on the photograph/research, photograph title, university, photograph size and orientation and brief description of your research and the methodology used.
- Any registrations not submitted by 5pm on 14 October 2017 will be rejected and will not be eligible to enter the competition.
- Entrants must be available over the lunch break at the 2017 Methods Fair to stand by their submission and discuss the contents and their research with any interested parties.
- Png or jpeg versions with a maximum file size of 2mb of the photograph must be submitted by email to email@example.com by no later than 4pm on 19 October 2017. Any entries not submitted by this time will not be displayed and will not be eligible to enter the competition.
- methods@manchester will arrange for successful entries to be printed and displayed at the 2017 Methods Fair. Posters will be printed at A2 size.
- Collaborative photographs are permitted, however only one primary author is permitted to take part in the competition.
- Any entries which do not comply with the Format and Contents Requirements detailed above may be disqualified.
- By entering the competition you consent to your photograph and/or details being published on the methods@manchester website and methods@manchester social media channels.
- A prize will be awarded for the top three positions in the competition: First prize will be a £150 Blackwell’s voucher; second prize will be a £100 Blackwell’s voucher; third prize will be a £50 Blackwell’s voucher. No cash equivalent or other form of prize will be given.
- Submissions will be judged mainly on content rather than photographic quality or technique, with a panel of judges determining the top three places.
- The top three positions will be announced via Twitter and Facebook at 4pm on 3 November 2017. The judging panel’s decision is final.
- Entries may be retained and displayed by methods@manchester or The University of Manchester at their discretion.